The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power problem what should i do?

GVR41380

right now i have my alternator wire( the one you screw on the 10mm nut to the alternator) connected to my batter power wire.... so my car is running but i have no windows, fan, heat, seatbelts, brake lights.... when i coonect that wire(alternator wire) to the correct spot, witch is the smaller fuse box,"not the relay box" all my windows work seat belts heat ect... but i am loosing power from my battery, im checking it with the car running on my voltmeter. the meter reads 12.22 and dropping until my car dies at around 8.0, i took off my split lume and checked those wires all the way to the relay box and i cant seem to find anything.. any help would be great! thanks

toybreaker

iconoclast
the alternator fuse, check you must

SouthCaliVR4

Check the big fuses on the pos batt post. check your grounds. Check all the fuses, preferably using a light.

GVR41380

i checked my alternator fuse and its fine, its the 100a, all the fuses look fine, should i check the switches and relays?

GVR41380

i just bought a new 90amp alternator a week ago, its installed and working fine when that wire is connect to the battery power wire, question is should i somehow make a power wire from fuse box to power??????? im bad when it comes to electric!!!!

5OF2k

Doublecheck the fuses and take the alternator in to get tested. While it may be a pain to have to go back in and pull the alternator out, it isnt completely uncommon for a "new" alternator to fail, especially if it's a reman unit.

Check the fuses with a test light or a voltmeter, you want to make sure you have power at BOTH sides of the fuse. Based on the symptoms you're describing, your alternator curcuit isnt functioning. You should see around 14 volts at the battery posts with everything properly connected and functioning as it should.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

-Jake

GVR41380

do i check all the fuses when the car is running? i will check all the fuses with the voltmeter this time. i just want my windows and brake lights to work and the Heat bc its starting to get cold in Chicago.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts