The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Temperature not working

Wassup to all. Anybody with a vr4 near acworth GA? Jus put the engine & trans in. The temperature has stop working. All wires going to the thermostat housing have been checked & or repaired & connected. I checked the single wire going to the housing. It looked ok. Changed the sensor the single wire goes to. Still not working. All other gauges on the cluster are working. Any good info will be appreciated.

Are you sure that a couple wires didn't get mixed up when you did the swap? There are a couple that have the same color code, so its easy to get them backwards. If you ground the gauge wire it should pin the needle on the gauge. I'm assuming that you mean the coolant temperature gauge in the dash, not the ECU coolant temperature reading.

Thanks for the replies I've gotten. I'll check into grounding it. Anybody have a source to get the shop manual for the galant vr4. Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned