The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trouble on start up

Have a 7 bolt question. I just put my engine in my 2g and tried fire it up and nothing. Long story short, half my coil packs not firing. I'm boggled as to why. For shits and giggles we swapped the to blue wires around and the previously dead side fire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Any help is much appreciated. I'm in garage now so I'll continue to check as night goes on.

5OF2k

Almost sounds like an open in the wiring. Take your SM and Volt/ohm meter and ohm the wires for the coils, make sure theyre completing the circuit as theyre supposed to.

5OF2k

Uour service manuals wiring diagrams to find the signal and power and ground wires, and ohm them from end to end. A good wire will show resistance, a broken/open/shorted wire will show open/no resistance on the meter. Do them one at a time, and repair the wire of/when you come accross it. If there are no opens or shorts, try a known good coil.

I'll try this ^^ I've ready swapped out for two different working coils. Thanks for the input

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned