The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Has anyone used this Gumout professional series product

Vr4junkie

I just bought this today for cheap but I don't know how to use the intake cleaner and yes I read the instructions but nothing Helpful if anybody here has used this I would appreciate the advise.

Captn

I haven't used that one but I have used seafoam and it works very well, but the sea-foam intake cleaner came as a spray bottle.

I am guessing the fuel system cleaner is probably the same thing if not very close to what sea-foam is.
Where is the instructions telling you to pour the intake cleaner?

Captn

Vr4junkie

There's no real instructions on how to use it just abounch of warnings and danger and incase of fire instructions but nothing on how to use it I know the other bottle goes in the gas Tank but I was thinking the same as the sea foam in the break booster line but not sure if it goes there.

Captn

Yeah that's where I poured the sea foam, I would do it there too.

Have a friend help you keep the car alive while you pour it.

Captn

Vr4junkie

I'm thinking of putting it in the break booster but its a whole different product so I don't know how it would work out but i'm going to wait and see if any body here has tried it or find more info

a2vr4

I have always sucked seafoam through a vacuum hose on the intake manifold utilizing a stock hose, with the engine running. Depending on which hose you use you may need to cap the port left open by the hose you are using. I use one of the ports on the throttle body or on the plenum of the manifold. iirc the instructions on the bottle say to use half a bottle (8 oz) per cleaning. After 8oz have been sucked into the engine, shut it down for a few minutes to let it do its magic then start the engine and conservatively bring the rpm up (2-4k rpm) and wait till your exhaust is clear again (it will be thick white smoke for a while) I recommend thinking about where you do the treatment due to the quantity of smoke and noise of reving the engine, I have used out-of-the-way parking lots mostly. It takes me 15-20 minutes on average to clear the engine of the seafoam. Hope this helps!
~Brian A. Moreno

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

Note to self not the same as sea foam yea it smokes but takes a good while to start the car almost thought I messed it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned