The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3000gt calipers brackets

since the calipers i have havent sold i am thinking of putting them on. i need the dimentions of the brackets so can just make them v.s buying them. also what are thoughts of steel v.s aluminum

Okayplayer

I was thinking of doing the same thing with my big brake setup. But before you dig too much deeper into DIYing, consider the value of paying the $109 (they're on sale right now) for a tried and true, r&d product. It is a bit risky gabbing up brackets that hold on crucial components like brakes.

yea but i willng to take chances and it gives me something to do.

this is what i found does this look right, using 1/4" steel

524of1000

That design is for the DSM, using 1g 3000gt VR4 calipers and rotors for a mustang cobra, but I don't recall the year. There really is alot in the R&D of the brackets. The ones on tuners nation are made for the Galant, with 1g 3kGT Calipers and 2g 3kGT rotors IIRC. If you're going to make your own, go all out. Pick the rotor and caliper you want and gets to measuring, but I doubt someones going to give you the formula to their profitable idea. Just my humble opinion of course.

Okayplayer

With that in mind, if tuners says that their rotors are 12.36" what size are stock vr4 rotors?

gvr4ever

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but I'll ask anyway.

Can the non turbo 3000 GT front brakes fit with the stock wheels? Where is a link to the brackets?

gvr4ever

That's cool that they are a direct bolt on, but is the outside of the brakes any larger, or is it just the pistons. Looks like the wheels barely clear the stock brakes. Can anyone verify that they actually work with stock wheels?

I think I need some new brakes after this winter anyway. I hope I can get a slight upgrade.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned