The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63t or 4g63 n/a????

is there any way just looking at a 4g to tell if its a n/a or turbo the reason i ask is a friend of mine said he ran into a past owner of my car and said it had a n/a motor in it but i tracked down a previous owner from the sale section and he said he put the motor in last january and it had a turbo on it soooo???? you see my predicament here

fuel

Nope. But things like oil drain into sump, turbo coolant lines from the thermostat housing and water pump pipe, and camshaft codes would show if turbo or not.

donniekak

You can pull a spark plug out, shine a pen light in the cylinder and read the code on the pistons. Non turbo are 63d, and turbo are 63d with a huge t, 63dT.

GSX_TC

Or you can just use a bore scope with built in light. That'll allow you to get all up in that cylinder.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned