The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drivers Side CV Bolts

TylerAdamson

Looking for a picture of the bolts for the carrier that bolts to the block. The kid I bought the car from didn't label any of the bolts when he took them out and they are all in a box. If anybody has a picture of the bolt please post it up as everyone claims that the bolt is slightly different than your standard m10x1.25 bolt and not putting in the correct bolt will cause it to break.

Last edited:

dmj

Look for two bolts with thick shanks . the threaded portion of these bolts have a smaller diameter than the shanks in order to center the axle carrier bracket.Hope this helps.

TylerAdamson

I think I found them. Is there about1/4'' on the bottom of them that isn't threaded?

464/2K

Those sound like them.

dmj

Yes! you got them for sure.good luck with the rest of the build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TylerAdamson

Many thanks to both of you. The car has been sitting with a new motor in it for a year with no accessories mounted up to it. I got a wild hair up my ass last night and started tinkering with it and finally have the drive and desire to finish it up. I'll update my build thread soon with new pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned