The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch Pedal Assembly Kit part #'s w/pics

I have had a few people ask for the individual mitsu part #s included in the clutch pedal assembly kit that I had for sale. These are the parts that are needed to eliminate the slop in your clutch pedal assembly and to regain the complete throw of your pedal. If you have your clutch pedal rod adjusted all the way out or are having to use an extended slave rod then your pedal assembly is probably shot. A worn pedal assembly can cause your clutch to drag and you might not even realize this is happening. A quick test is to grab your clutch pedal and see if you can raise it up. If you can, then you need to replace these parts. I shot a few pictures before I shipped them out to the buyer.

How to's can be found on DSMtuners.com

Last edited by a moderator:

ktmrider

Thanks sir, this should make its way to the How-To section sometime...

Gary_Chiu

John Shepherd makes brass bushings that replace the 2 stock plastic bushings.
The benefit of his bushings is they are milled to tighter tolerances, reducing play in the pedal assmebly.

click

4orced4door

FYI, I just installed these parts (bought them from the OP) and the MB534210 bushing actually replace the brake pedal bushings. So they are not strictly necessary, but for how much of a bitch it is to get the assembly out, you might as well replace them.

1990ggsxnj

Wow, I didn't even look into it until now. It IS a PITA to get that thing out and weld or change.

fivestardsm

I just did this on a friends eclipse. We machined our own bushings and welded the lever on solid. I have done 3 or 4 that way, But I don't know if I would want to do it on my VR4.

Thanks for posting all of the Part #'s. How much was everything from the dealer?

BoostedAWD91

how much did it cost u for all the rebuild parts? U can buy a complete clutch pedal assembly from Shep ready to bolt in

4orced4door

Quoting 4orced4door:
I think he paid $75 + ship from JNZ.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cOmpressor

Quoting fivestardsm:
I have done 3 or 4 that way, but I don't know if I would want to do it on my VR4.

Why not on your VR-4, s there any problems or inconvenience when welding it?

ApexHunter

The clutch lever you want for a '91 gvr4 is part # MB844603. The clutch lever pictured above (MB599879) is for a 1g DSM. I don't know why it was posted here. Perhaps the 1g and the '92 gvr4 use the same clutch lever?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned