The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Brake Caliper Slider Dust Boot

NYC86ZC

I've had #541 for 5 years now and the rear brakes were making some noises so I had a look at them yesterday. Apparently at some time the PO must've removed the LARGE brake caliper dust boot so the slider wasn't moving and wore down the inside pad. I'm having an issue with the larger pivot side that's closer to the front of the car.

I've tried to google for a new set, but I can't find anything online. I figured Advanced Auto or AutoZone would have it in their "Help" aisle, but no dice.

Does anywhere know where I can source one so it doesn't seize up on me in a few years?

NYC86ZC

Rock had it, so I added it to my basket. I went to checkout and then it popped up saying it no longer had this item and it was removed. Now it's not even listing it anymore so I can't get the part number.

I can't get a listing for it on jnz.

I looked it up on advancedauto and they had a listing for it and 2 locations within 5 miles have it in stock. The counter guy last night said they don't have a listing for it. I'll head back there tonight and talk to someone else.

NYC86ZC

I picked up a used one from a friend. All AWD 1gs are the same.

Wagner has a listing for the part, but it's discontinued as per the guy at advanced auto.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned