The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Garrett Turbo Fitment

Lucas03ES

So, im going to be picking up a tsi awd to swap the drivetrain in to my vr4. The car has a custom Garrett with a A/R70 cold side and A/R83 hotside. The car has a spacer for the manifold so the turbo can clear the water pipe. What would it take to get that turbo to fit in to a galant, figuring the area between the radiator and the engine is smaller. Thanks!

TylerAdamson

What compressor cover does it have? My 35r with the 4" S cover fits just fine and clears the waterpipe no problem. I'm also using an FP race manifold though and that angles the turbo away from the block slightly.

TylerAdamson

Its probably the S cover then and they fit just fine. You might have to dent your waterpipe a little bit depending on manifold though.

KiNgMaRtY

You may also have to get some slim fans to fit it in there if you already don't have some installed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned