The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Seatbelts not working?

Boostdtalon

Well after the whole fiasco with the alternator going out and taking a few things with it. I've been able to replace or repair a number of things. The only thing I've haven't been able to fix is the seatbelts. I've replaced both of the fuses in the car. The only thing I can figure is that the control unit under the center console is bad. I might be able to get one from a junkyard to test.

Now this wouldn't be a problem except the drivers side is locked in the forward position. Is there a way I could move this? I'm so ready to get my evo interior and throw in some 4 points. I hated these belts in my Talon and now I really hate them in the Galant.

SmoothCustomer

Since it's stuck forward I doubt you want to wait, but if you want to wait for this weekend I can send you my control unit for $5+shipping.

mitsuturbo

Have you tried testing all the relays and wiring? If you have a power probe, it should be pretty simple.

Maybe your ETACS unit took a dump. I hope this isnt the case. I have never tried to remove one. They're easy to get at with the dash out. I can't imagine trying to get to one with the dash in place.

EDIT: Wait... there's a seatbelt control unit in the center console? I was not aware of this. The only thing i know of down there is the ABS G-sensor.

Last edited:

Boostdtalon

yes theres a control unit on the under side of the seatbelts. I'm not sure if it's that or the ETACS. the only reason i don't think it's that is that most of the other reported problems people have when that goes i'm not having. I'll check that if control unit doesn't make a difference.

mitsuturbo

Ohhhh.. i remember seeing that thing now. I forgot that was there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Wow, i'm just full of all sorts of fail lately.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned