The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

added a new fmic and need some advice..

lyleseth

I just installed an evo 8 front mount intercooler on my set up. Im running a small 16g, 880cc injectors, dsm link 3... when i started it right after i got the fmic, it was idling a little weird and there was a belt squeak that i have never heard before. One question is what will i need to adjust by adding the bigger turbo? Another is would the new fmic cause the squeak ?? thanks for your help ahead of time.

Jesh

As for the bigger turbo, you will just have more lag before boost comes on, provided you are running the same amount of boost as before. And for the squeaking noise... tighten your belts and see if it goes away, i can think of no reason why a fmic would make a belt squeak. good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SmoothCustomer

Considering that I have never tuned I couldn't tell you as far as what you need to do to your fuel/air to compensate properly for a bigger turbo (although I wouldn't think much for a 16g), but like he said that wouldn't make any belts squeak unless you knocked something a little loose (alternator) when you were installing that stuff.

mitsuturbo

So long as your airflow is monitored reliably, you should not need to do any "tuning" to run safely on a 16g, especially on stock boost levels.

mitsuturbo

The better intercooler may cool the charge enough that you may need to add a bit of fuel or pull a little timing under boost. I just noticed you have linkV3, so that should be SIMPLE. Idle should NOT be affected by your mods, though. In my experience, these cars will idle the same with the MAF connected to a Gt3076r or directly to the throttle body (at idle), even with a STOCK maf. I've had an IC line blow off and not been able to fix it until i got home, so i put the maf straight to the TB. Ran fine, albeit with pretty much zero power.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned