The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ABS delete = Fast idle on decel?

Im trying to diagnose a 2k idle while decelrating. After I come to a complete stop the idle drops back to the normal 750rpm. Someone over on dsmtuners suggested that the ABS delete may have something to do with it. Im out of ideas, I have checked the IACV, FIAV, TPS, EGR, Idle stop switch, so the last thing Im thinking is this. I believe the PO just simply pulled the fuse to delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lonewolf64

There is an ABS computer in the trunk of the car that many people forget to remove. If you disconnect and remove it, your idle surge on deceleration should disappear.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned