The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

motor mounts

Brunoboy

Hey guys, Im getting 352/1000 on its way back on the road and I called Extreme Psi about their motor mounts and they had told me their Prothane motor mount inserts do not for for our cars. or if they do its only two out of the four that work. What is everyone else using for motor mounts and if you can, please link me. Thanks
-Shane

BoostedAWD91

yea they are probably selling the 1g kits and only the tranny and ds mounts are the same. the front and rear mounts are different in gvr4's. i dont know off the top of my head where to get them since i dont use them.

atc250r

Staff member
The inserts themselves are the same. The steel shells may be different but you re-use your old ones anyway.

John

Brunoboy

So I can buy those prothane inserts and use them in my car ??? Prothane

atc250r

Staff member
Yes. Let me take a look out in the shed tomorrow, I think I have a complete kit out there (brand new) that I won't be needing. PM me if you're interested.

John

prove_it

I just got some window weld and filled mine. Works good.

vapid

If atc250r does not have the kit, I have a new set available.

I am also in need of a set for 1707. The motor has much vibration, more than normal. If window weld works, can someone tell me where to buy it and how it is done. Thanks guys!!!

Best wishes,
Brad Pate

Brunoboy

Ive PM'd you both about your mounts.
-shane

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned