The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

motor mounts

strokin4dr

1g awd inserts are the same as the VR4.

cheekychimp

You mean the one that bolts to the transmission?

I am pretty sure that 1G front motor mount inserts are the same size as the 2G rears (i.e. 2.78" diameter by 1.5" wide). I have never used a 2G front engine mount, so I don't know about that one.

I know this isn't very helpful, but what I am saying is even though the pictures look the same, I'm pretty sure if you buy a 'set', then 1G motor mount and 2G motor mount dimensions are going to be different.

Last edited:

pmp285

i mean cam side mounts...

my tranny mount is same as a 1g though... engine is an evo3, i didnt use the 1g engine mount on the cam side

are the energy suspension engine mounts pressed or cut in half?

im really getting confused on what to get

prove_it

I would get the 1g kit first. That way you'll get three right for sure. The side mount (timing belt) could be the same, maybe not. If not you can order a single 2g insert to fit. You may want to take measurements of the mount hole first to confirm fitment.

Also yes, all bushing are split in half and will slide in without a press.

CutlassJim

What are you using for front and rear roll stoppers with a 7 bolt block in a 6 bolt car?

strokin4dr

Post some pics of the 2g mount in a vr4. Did it bolt straight in without relocation of the through bolt? I doubt it.

cheekychimp

I am pretty sure the 2g mount will Not work in that location and will make your engine higher on the cam side if you do install it. Are you simply talking about using the rubber/polyurethane bushing and installing it in the original bracket or using a 2g bracket? If it is the latter I'm sure it won't work but the former I am not sure. I don't know the diameter of the cam side bushing on the 2g.

mitsuturbo

Quoting CutlassJim:
What are you using for front and rear roll stoppers with a 7 bolt block in a 6 bolt car?

I definitely want to see pics of this as well.

manikbastrd

The front (press in) and right (cam) side (2 piece) from prothane (for a 1g) are the exact same as VR4. I can't remember if the rear and tranny are as well, but I recently did them and they are the same. The only things that suck are getting the old ones out (I use a reciprocating saw and some chisels) and putting the press in one in (I just used my vice and some patience).

pmp285

i have no problem with the front, back and tranny mounts.. all are from a 1g. just the cam side mount, im not sure if its the same size as a 2g, since evo123 is a 7bolt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned