The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Need carrier bearings and u joints for ds rebuild

3rdstrikedsm

Are these parts still avl from mitsu? U joints are toast and I may as well replace the carrier bearings while I am there.

If anyone knows what the part #'s are or where to get these parts please advise.

A drive shaft shop want's 900.00 to rebuild the shaft :mad:

14u2nV

I'm hoping for the same thing,, my carriers are basically hollow. Luckily I have a driveshaft connection for that rebuild. :crazy:

Last edited:

V8EATER

I bought some from Josh at JNZ about 4 years ago. They were brand new Mitsu parts, and he didn't say that they were hard to get.

dmj

just purchased carrier bearings and u joints from JNZ They are available u can save money by getting 3 transfer case recall kits@ 30.00 each this way u get 3 u-joints for 90.00 instead of 70.00 each.

3rdstrikedsm

Quoting dmj:
just purchased carrier bearings and u joints from JNZ They are available u can save money by getting 3 transfer case recall kits@ 30.00 each this way u get 3 u-joints for 90.00 instead of 70.00 each.

What was the cost of the carrier? Also what comes with a t-case recall kit?

004tsi

a trans case yoke w/ a u joint,the metal shield thats mounts on the end of the transfer case, and like 8 c clips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

turborichvr4

The carrier bearing are about $76 at jnz which is not bad you need two of them the u joint are about $70 each one just get 3 transfer recall kits they are about $36 bucks each i just bought mine from JNZ too

dmj

carrier bearings was about 68 to 72.00 each if i remember correctly ihave the invoice in my toolbox somewhere .will post the pn and prices tommorow.

14u2nV

I have part numbers:

carriers MB505495 - $72/ea @ jnz.. Caps showed me the two are the same number.
u-joints MB154554 - $70/ea @ jnz

3rdstrikedsm

Sweet thanks, So to get this correct I need to ask for a t-case recall kit and it comes with a u-joint and clips all for 30.00? I guess I don't understand how a u joint can be twice as much as the repair kit?

004tsi

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Sweet thanks, So to get this correct I need to ask for a t-case recall kit and it comes with a u-joint and clips all for 30.00? I guess I don't understand how a u joint can be twice as much as the repair kit?

Its cheaper because it was a recall so mitsu had to basically "buy" them from their dealers when they preformed the recall, so they don't hardly mark em up like normal parts, you see it with most all recall parts along all car manufacturers

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned