The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cyclone intake and motors have different firing order.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
While that is good news, something must be labeled incorrectly. Firing order is determined by the camshaft operation. In 4 cylinders it is almost always 1-3-4-2.

transparentdsm

i dont think he actually means firing order, i think he means the layout for the spark plug wires. i would bet coil packs are in the bracket backwards.

Last edited:

dougmacho

Yes, thank you for clarifying.

The coilpacks are mounted upside down on my car, either bc it's a cyclone motor or 90 and pre 90 coilpacks.

Last edited:

citymunky

Ain't the coil pack plugs labeled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dougmacho

Even if it's labeled, had to conclude that it wasn't anything else causing all the issues of a no start.....Etc....

Just glad it's running again. Hallelujah

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings