The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

90 Talon firing order ?

90blacktsi

Ok , this is a real newb question . I just finished up changing the plugs on the 90 Talon . I mixed up the wires while doing so . So I look up the firing order in the manual and it says 1,3,4,2 . Im assuming this is from left to right on the coil pack? When I looked at the coil pack and arranged the wires , the lengths of the wires were way off .
So then I did what I should have done first , and look at my 92 Laser . (This car runs fine)And they were not 1,3,4,2 on the coil . Are the 90 and 92 DSM's different? Dam I feel dumb , this is my 6th DSM and I forget everytime. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I guess my question is How the F do these this GO !?

Wizardawd

1-3-4-2 is the actual firing order of the engine, but not the wire arrangement. Going top to bottom and left to right while looking at the coil pack from the driver's side....4-1-3-2

As long as you get 1 and 4 on the same coil pack, and 3-2 on the other, you'll be fine. Oh, and number 1 cylinder is closest to the timing belt.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned