The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 4g63

valdez4o8

I wanted to ask and see if a 4g63t from a 91 galant fit in an eclipse gst. Any info would be helpful thanks

valdez4o8

Yea but my concern is that the vr4 is a 1g 4g63 with ob1 the eclipse is a 96 wiith ob2 making it a 2g. Thats where um stuck

transparentdsm

you need special harnesses and a lot of swapping over parts. its not hard if you know what your doing and you will also need DSMlink to get rid of the random misfire. i have swapped a 6bolt into a 99 gsx before, not hard to do.

BENE38A

click

also you would need a 2g or 7 bolt transmission because the front and rear mounts bolt to the transmission on 2g 7bolts not on the block like a 6 bolt 1g or you could get custom crossmembers to use the standard mounts and a matching transmission.

LIV4PSI

He doesn't necessarily need ECMlink. I never got a random misfire cel when I did my 6 bolt swap. Only needs one harness since there is no crank sensor on a 6 bolt

Last edited:

EMX5636

95-96 are the ones I believe you need to swap the firing order. Since the cam sensor is on the other end of the camshaft, it is inverted. Not a big deal, but do a bit of research of a 6 bolt in a 2G. Tons of info out there.

This should get you started at least. click Don't pay attention to the oil pump/front cover modifications. That isn't required unless you wanted to run a 2G crank sensor, and now as the years have progressed, Kiggly Racing builds a setup for a 1G front case. here

The Galant engine is (besides a couple small things) identical to a 1G DSM, you will find a lot more info that way. This is a good write up. web page

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned