The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need some insight on wat to do

ok i ave a 91 gvr4 and im having issues keeping the car runnin it will iddle but wont get out f its own way wen trying to rev the shop thinks its the tps but we arnt 100% sure, the next thing do any of yall kno anything about the single cam 4g63 and if you do shd i boost it or shud i slap in another 4g63t and gst trans in my tan 91 galant

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting hellaflushvr4:
ok i ave a 91 gvr4 and im having issues keeping the car runnin it will iddle but wont get out f its own way wen trying to rev the shop thinks its the tps but we arnt 100% sure, the next thing do any of yall kno anything about the single cam 4g63 and if you do shd i boost it or shud i slap in another 4g63t and gst trans in my tan 91 galant

Someone please translate this complete garbage attempt at a paragraph...??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Brunoboy

i tried to translate it and got stuck the second sentence........lol Epic Fail.

Advice on what to do?

Use periods.

Use spell check.

Don't use texting acronyms or "text talk".

Give us as much information as possible.

Spend more time learning about your car.

Quoting hellaflushvr4:

Do you have 2 Galants or one? If it is one, then why not work with what you have and try to get to the bottom of your issue rather than doing a swap that is potentially unecessary. Please try to expand on the exact technical issue that you are having with the way it is running. If you have problems with your spelling and grammar I am personally ok with that and I am willing to work through that with you. However, if you are using text shortcuts etc. (out of sheer lazyness or for some other reason) then it is going to make it harder for us to read and you might get less support here. We get lazy too. Complying with a standard makes things easier to help us help you. Please try your hardest in any way that you can. This is just my opinion.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

DR1665

Quoting hellaflushvr4:

Attempted translation:
Dear sirs,

It would appear my situation is thus: I own a 1991 Galant VR4 and am currently experiencing difficulty. The car seems to idle without issue, however the engine seems hesitant to stand and deliver; acceleration is lackluster at best. I've consulted with others who own a garage, but they appear unqualified, as they are unable to confirm TPS faults via commonly available $50 datalogging system.

Though I am not sure what is wrong with this engine, I am considering replacing it with a 4G62. Given your extensive experience in such matters, I am curious as to your thoughts on my potentially turbocharging the single cam Sirius, versus sourcing another 4G63T, a 2WD GS-T transmission from the local junkyard to resolve my as-yet unconfirmed TPS issues.

Please excuse my hastily-entered query. I had spent the day trying to fit motorcycle tires on my wheels and my fingers were terribly sore.

Yours,

Hella

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

May very well be accurate. Could you please confirm HellaflushVR4?

Last edited by a moderator:

BrandonEchols

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting hellaflushvr4:

Attempted translation:
Dear sirs,

It would appear my situation is thus: I own a 1991 Galant VR4 and am currently experiencing difficulty. The car seems to idle without issue, however the engine seems hesitant to stand and deliver; acceleration is lackluster at best. I've consulted with others who own a garage, but they appear unqualified, as they are unable to confirm TPS faults via commonly available $50 datalogging system.

Though I am not sure what is wrong with this engine, I am considering replacing it with a 4G62. Given your extensive experience in such matters, I am curious as to your thoughts on my potentially turbocharging the single cam Sirius, versus sourcing another 4G63T, a 2WD GS-T transmission from the local junkyard to resolve my as-yet unconfirmed TPS issues.

Please excuse my hastily-entered query. I had spent the day trying to fit motorcycle tires on my wheels and my fingers were terribly sore.

Yours,

Hella

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Folks get killed around these parts for attempting to hellaflush a VR4

Diego

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting hellaflushvr4:

Attempted translation:
Dear sirs,

Yours,
Hella[i\]

You the man Driggs! That, and that alone made my work day. Sad, I know.

Diego

Last edited:

mikus

Dear sirs:
A musk stings my nostrils; Autumn is upon the PNW and my bones grow restless. Oh, that my discontent might become a weapon to smite n00bs with -- the very club whose gnarled oaken burl finds purchase in the mighty palms of a troll.

OH mighty spirits of interwebs, guide the arrows of my grammatical fail, embolden the piercing irritatation of my JDM tyteness that the heathens of lesser post may fall as my prey.

On a casually hot evening midway through October a young man arrived on the forum in which he talked much sh*t and posted slowly, as though in hesitation, his pithy homage to Dostoyevsky.

He had successfully avoided meeting turbowop in Anything Goes. His alterego was behind the firewall of a high, 10-storied building and was more like an homage than a slight. The 'wop, who preyed upon the sloth, ignorance, and righteous indignation of rookies, lived elsewhere, and every time he posted with his new psuedonym he was obliged to pass those replies, the potential for drama invariably open. And each time he passed, the young man had a smug, beligerent feeling, which made him smirk and feel cocky. He was carelessly indifferent toward turbowop, and was eager to meet him.

This was not because he was pompous and indifferent, quite the contrary; but for some time past he had been in an overstrained irritable condition, verging on shenanigans. He had become so completely disinterested in the status quo, and isolated from his fellows that he longed to meet, not only turbowop, but anyone at all from the PNW. He was crushed by indifference, but the anxieties of his position had of late ceased to weigh upon him. He had given up attending to matters of practical importance; he had lost all desire to do so. Nothing that any turbowop could do had a real terror for him. But to be caught on the board, to be forced to listen to the parlance of the automotive proles, to irrelevant, fatlace, hellaflush dorifto, to pestering demands for information, cop-outs and complaints, and to rack his brains for answers, to prevaricate, to lie--no, rather than that, he would sneak about the board like a cat and slip out unseen.

This evening, however, on coming to the forum, he became acutely aware of his mistake.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned