The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

eagle 2000 gtx (galant gsr) dohc 2.0 wire harness plug & play???

Good day everyone

Just want to know if the wiring harness from the '91 2000 gtx dohc 2.0 is plug and play with the 4g63t motor and if not what extra wires would I have to add or am I better off using a harness from lets say a '92 talon awd turbo (just because i have on laying around hehehe).

Thanks in advance for your answers

Last edited by a moderator:

89Mirageman

Just hardwire in a knock sensor, the 7th wire for the maf and an injector resistor pack and you should be ready for boost. That would be much easier than swapping out the entire engine harness in my opinion.

Thanks Mirageman and would you know what pins am i going into on the ecu side?

Hey guys I ran all the wires that you told me too but do i have to also run a wire for the wastegate solenoid and should i use the throttle body from the original motor?

Last edited by a moderator:

89Mirageman

The na throttle body will be fine, just test it for leaks. You really don't need the wire for the wastegate solenoid if you plan to run a boost controller.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned