The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

O2 sensor not working?

14of2000

So since I did my motor swap into #222 the cel light pops on randomly, normally when I'm crusing at the same speed for 2 to 3 mins or so. When I pull a log for it on the datalogger my low/mid/high fuel trims are at 100% all the time no matter what. The o2 sensor is maybe 3 months old, so I doubt it would be bad. I am pretty new to using the logger, what else should I check for?

MellowVR4

Can you give a little background on your current setup?

14of2000

Ya I guess that would help huh? lol I have Rc 550cc injectors, a keydiver chiped Ecu, Walbro 255, 2g maf. I thought the chip is just making it do this, but is that possible?

AnotherNewb

Have you checked for boost leaks yet? Is the O2 sensor switching when you pull up the data streams? Those are the first things I would check.

pot

Staff member
A couple things (provided you don't have a boost leak)

- Have you verified the chip you have is set up for what you have on the car
- Are you using 91/93 Octane fuel
- Is all O2 sensor wiring intact
- Have you removed the O2 and inspected it for excess carbon buildup, glazing
- What brand O2 do you have
- Have you ever replaced your coolant temperature sensor

14of2000

-Yes the chip is burned for the 550s and the 2g maf
-I am using 91 and when I can find it out here I use 92 octane
-The o2 sensor wiring is intact, Ryan (prove_it) rewired it for when when I got this car
-I have not removed it yet, I haven't had the time since my baby came, and this is my daily driver. However I am going to be installing a 7cm exhaust housing soon, so I will definaltey check it out then. It is a Bosch o2 from advance auto
-And yes I replaced every sensor with oem ones when I first got this motor.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned