The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FIAV help please (STAT!)

James

i have all the TB apart and im trying to beat a rain storm to get it back together... I got the impossible 5 screws out and i was able to pop out the freeze plug... now i get get the big black screw thing to turn out at all... suggestions?

James

Well for the sake of knowledge for future readers....

The screw was to old and corroded. I had some galvonized aluminum so i go out the cutting wheel and made my own blockoff plate.. with spots cut out to use the ISC still.

EMX5636

While I'm sure the scrap aluminum is handy in a bind, if you plan on doing this, JMF still makes a FIAV bypass plate that still uses the ISC. If you can plan ahead, it's much less time to swap this in than build one. But function is the same. I swapped mine back out for a good functioning FIAV and ISC. It's nice to have a 500+whp car that starts in the dead of winter without getting in the car.

James

I already did it and it works perfect. With cutouts to keep my ISC. Plus i live in florida, we didnt even have a winter this year.

EMX5636

Yea I know that you already did it. I was just helping the future people by saying they didn't have to build it if they don't have the time/skill/materials etc. Good job saving some cash though!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned