The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

reverse camera wire help

quicktsi

I have searched high and low and can not find where people are grabbing the reverse signal from. I even remember seeing a thread about back up cameras, but can't find anything. Where did you tap in for your back up camera? The camera is already installed and the wire is run to the front of the car. Back to the garage to work on the GPS and sat radio antennas, and bluetooth mic, and VSS wire while I wait for an answer.

CutlassJim

The reverse light switch? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You could have left the wire in the rear of the car and taken it right off the light. I'm sure it had enough amps to run a relay as well as the light itself.

Last edited:

IncorpoRatedX

+1 for just using the light...

or the reverse switch on the top of the transmission.

mountaineerjeff

yep, everyone just uses the light. but Im wiring mine up on a manual switch so I can use it when im not in reverse.

quicktsi

I went with the wire off the reverse light in the back of the car. I did not want to grab anything under the hood. It was working fine and all of a sudden no reverse camera and no lights. I had been working on it all day, so I just put it up for the night. Today I am going to test the camera to see if it is working by turning on the towing function.

On a side note, today the tops of my hands look like I got in a fight with cats last night.

mountaineerjeff

fuse?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned