The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I need wiring help please

broke down

Someone please help me identify the purpose and routing of these two wires. Right now I'm knee deep in fixing all of the &^%%#*(# jacked up splices/taped-up/scotch locked connections on my project. I came across these two wires that have been cut/spliced into aftermarket wires. I cannot find the other side of the factory wire where the cut was made.

Here is the first one. The pink wire comes of of the black connector, then goes into an aftermarket wire with a terminal on the end, which isn't important, really. Am I correct in thinking that this is the diagnostic socket, on the fuse panel? There are eight male terminals in the socket. Where does the pink wire run to?

The next photos show the largest connector for the ecu. There is a green wire with red stripe that comes out into an aftermarket wire, but I cant find where it goes to either. From the back of the plug, it is the bottom row, third wire from the left. I cannot find where the other side of the cut wire is in the harness. Does it go to another nearby plug, or up into the big bulk wire harness, or what?

I would appreciate any help on this matter guys. thanks.

broke down

eureka!!! I think I just firgured it out. Here goes. The green and red wire in the ecu harness is probably not supposed to be therre. That pin was for california cars, and wasused for the egr system, according to the pin diagram in the how to archive. However, the wire color that would have been used was blue with a yellow stripe, as was found in my spare dsm harness.

The pink wire I am less certain of. I think it was for abs, and had a female terminal from the factory. Was that the wire that was grounded for the pocketlogger setup? If so, I should be able to tape it off, and out of the way, especially since I am no longer going to have abs.

Can anyone confirm these? Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is pin #15, EGR.
click
My 1992 GVR-4 had the wire, even though it was Federal, but my 1991 did not.

atc250r

Staff member
Did you check the pin-outs on VFAQ? That should give you the info you need.

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts