The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: Full AC system

gvr41991

I want to return my vehicle to stock condition and put the air conditioner back into the vehicle. I got the car without the system. I am out of the GO REAL FAST mode and just want to enjoy the car since it is now historic. Also, since I didn't take it out, I don't know how it goes back in, so if anyone has any advice, it would be great. Thanks!

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Is your dash setup still complete, with only the fittings removed at the firewall or are you missing everything behind the firewall (that is, inside the dash assembly)?
Do you have the AC compressor bracket in use or a spacer in place where the intermediate shaft bolts into the block?
Is your fan setup at the radiator still retaining stock fans and the resistor setup?
Do you have the AC switch on the thermostat housing? (I believe this applies to GVR4's)
Do you have a source to be able to source proper ac seals that go to the compressor and all the piping?

Those are a few of the things that can hinder each person swapping parts in and or out. Hope that helps.

If you have questions, be sure to post a thread in the newbies section and we will see what we can do to help.

HadesOmega

I am having the same problem the previous owner took out damn near everything besides the switch. They even took the evaporator out and plugged the fire wall. If they went to the trouble to take that out I don't know why they couldn't remove the condenser its still there.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned