The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: evo 8 ECU

quato

Just to let you know how much they go for, I got mine with a 3bar map sensor for $200. That was a deal though. I would expect to pay $200 for the ECU alone.

QnzMostWanted

u can also use the 3g eclipse ecu and flash the evo 8 rom, they run about $30-40 at a local jy

mountaineerjeff

see, thats what I was thinking. wont just about any of the 2000+ mitsu ecus work? 3g, mirage, galant etc? mainly anything with a 4g6x in it?

QnzMostWanted

only the ecu's that are manual will work, the galant never came manual in the 2000+ so the ecu is different, the only ones that use the SAME pinout is the 3g eclipse 00-05, the lancers share the same harnesses but the pinouts are slightly different, the only thing the 3g ecu is missing on the harness side are the pins for the boost management, the ecu itself has all the pins available

so basically u are looking for an 00-05 eclipse 4cyl manual ecu, as the automatic ones are the same as the galant ecus which wont work

Last edited:

mountaineerjeff

ahhh, ok, I knew they all looked looked the same, but wasnt sure. I have an EVO one so it wasnt an issue, I was only at the yard looking for plugs...

however ,OP, good luck, and if you havent found one yet, I can make a JY run to grab a 3g one...

As I already stated, but just to double check, the V6 ecus are different too I imagine?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned