The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: door window trims

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Caution to anyone doing this- these are hard to get off without damage. Be very careful as they will bend easily. Ruined one years ago when I painted my car.

turbowop

Remove the interior door cards and make sure any screws or clips are undone or removed. I bought brand new ones when they were available in '04 when I painted my car. When installing them, they took some force and a couple of them got some small dings unfortunately. So I want some now that have zero dings or bends.

Take some pics if you don't mind so I know what I'm looking to purchase. And be super careful when removing them plz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

89Mirageman

There are 4-5 base model 6g Galants at one of the local JY's. I can look and see if any are in good shape the next time I'm there.

89Mirageman

So as long as they're not cracking or dinged up you want them? Pretty sure they'll be faded since they're so old but that's what trim paint is for right?

89Mirageman

Those would be $130 shipped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Sorry I haven't made it back to the JY yet but I was thinking $5 each.

jepherz

Staff member
FYI, I won't even attempt to pull those trim pieces off with the glass in place. The one way to make sure you don't F them up is to simply pull back the plastic clips by hand, which is easily accessible with the glass out. Call me crazy...

faqinshiet

They are not built in. Seems they just hold the trim tightly to door
49cef98b1e4ab1773d1175e22f7ff1bd_zps68807b26.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned