The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: AMG cylcone intake/info to find one

prove_it

I doubt I'll get much from posting on here, but I'm searching for an AMG Cyclone intake manifold. You overseas guys could really help me out. I'm willing to pay, and will have all funds met in two weeks. I'm starting the search now though as it will take time I'm sure. I'm aware the cost could be high and what the manifold is.

Even if all you can contribute to my search is email addresses, or known locations of the parts, that will help. I'm swimming in the dark at this point and I'd like to have the manifold in my possesion by March.

Please do not post comments like "oh go buy a SMIM, it will make more power" or "why would you want this" etc.

Thank you
Ryan

EHmotorsports

After you find one send the others my way;)

prove_it

I will do that. Hell maybe I'll start a group buy.

EHmotorsports

only if they are carbon fiber cyclone manifolds. haha.

prove_it

I'll start taking money now then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tre3zy

wats the difference between the regular cyclone and the amg one? cause i know a guy selling a regular gvr4 cyclone with everything in tack

fuel

^^ AMG Cyclone works on the same principle but is different again - the plenum chamber is much larger and the runner lengths are very different in length in contrast to the regular Cyclone. The AMG works by switching between long runners for low/midrange torque and then to short runners for high rpm torque. Regular Cyclone works by blocking off half the runners at low/mid rpms to increase velocity and then open them both up for high rpm flow and the runner lengths are more or less the same length for each pair. Think of regular Cyclone like Toyota's TVIS system and the AMG Cyclone just like any other variable length runner manifold (as used on the later V6 Mitsubishis and Mazdas).

I personally think the AMG Cyclone is best suited to an N/A application where runner length is more important while the regular Cyclone is best for turbo applications where runner length isn't so important but velocity is, however many people are reporting good gains with the AMG Cyclone manifold which could be in part due to better flow and larger plenum chamber it has.

desant78

^get in line!

prove_it

Ha, I'm first boys.

CSMdiesel

Quoting fuel:
^^ AMG Cyclone works on the same principle but is different again - the plenum chamber is much larger and the runner lengths are very different in length in contrast to the regular Cyclone. The AMG works by switching between long runners for low/midrange torque and then to short runners for high rpm torque. Regular Cyclone works by blocking off half the runners at low/mid rpms to increase velocity and then open them both up for high rpm flow and the runner lengths are more or less the same length for each pair. Think of regular Cyclone like Toyota's TVIS system and the AMG Cyclone just like any other variable length runner manifold (as used on the later V6 Mitsubishis and Mazdas).

I personally think the AMG Cyclone is best suited to an N/A application where runner length is more important while the regular Cyclone is best for turbo applications where runner length isn't so important but velocity is, however many people are reporting good gains with the AMG Cyclone manifold which could be in part due to better flow and larger plenum chamber it has.

Having the rare ability to have both of these manifolds side by side, I will state that the "regular" cyclone does in fact have one pair of shorter runners and one pair of longer runners. The set of runners that are in the rear of the manifold take the long way around the bend, while the runners in the front are in the inside of the same bend. I will try and get a measurement later this evening.

And another item of note: I will be flow benching, with the help of a friend, both of these manifolds (AMG & Regular cyclone) with runners both open and closed.

prove_it

You have an amg manifold? If so, send me a pic and lets talk.

fuel

Quoting CSMdiesel:
Quoting fuel:

Having the rare ability to have both of these manifolds side by side, I will state that the "regular" cyclone does in fact have one pair of shorter runners and one pair of longer runners. The set of runners that are in the rear of the manifold take the long way around the bend, while the runners in the front are in the inside of the same bend. I will try and get a measurement later this evening.

And another item of note: I will be flow benching, with the help of a friend, both of these manifolds (AMG & Regular cyclone) with runners both open and closed.

I'm aware of that but certainly not to the same extent as the AMG manifold runners. You can tell that one pair of runners take a shorter path but it's not by much. The point is the regular Cyclone works by switching on/off a set of runners while the AMG manifold has just the four runners but focuses more on having them vary in length.

prove_it

This thread IS NOT for the discussion of the AMG manifold. It is for you guys to help me locate one so I can buy it.

EfiniX

Tell me where I can look. I travel internationally a lot and I would absolutely take a day to go toss through cars in a boneyard looking for these intakes.

So what countries, makes, models are they on?

fuel

^^ good luck. They are only on the AMG E33A Galant from 1989 to 1992 sold in the Japanese domestic market only in small numbers. A number of them made their way as used imports to New Zealand and other Asian countries. You're not going to find an AMG Galant in a wrecking yard anywhere, especially now that they are 20+ years.

prove_it

Negitive nancy.....

he can still try for me

EfiniX

Well my next confirmed trip is to Kobe in 2015... Ah, cool. Osaka in October 2014!

You might have to wait, but I'll put it in my calendar to check.

C

EfiniX

And for enquiring minds...

click

prove_it

Still looking. If you know someone that has one, tell them I'm willing to talk.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned