The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WTB: 2g (97) 4G63T head

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
In need of a good usable head for my '97 spyder. Daughter killed it last fall, and the shop says the head is warped beyond redemption.

Would be looking for something needing only minor work, not all new valves or anything (unless it is really cheap). Doesn't have to have cams. Must be flat.

PM me price, photos if available, or description of condition.

Thanks.

johnnyRacer

Iceman, I saw a wrecked 2g "Spydie" gst near me. I can check and see if the head is available. All we need now is to find "Firestar". Love those marvel super heroes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

beaner

Pictures of said daughter?

All 2g turbo heads are the same AFAIK. The CAS configurations should be interchangeable.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sorry Beaner, married her off in December (obviously because she screwed up the car) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Don't know if there is any difference, but just stated what I have. If they will interchange, great. I read something about the CAS being different, but that doesn't mean the head is.

snohacking

I don't believe there is a different, just the cas are, 95-96 cas are mounted behind the exhaust cam gear, while 97-99 are mounted the same spot as a 1g. Both are non adjustable. Most 2g people put a 1g cas on.

I will have a head available soon, (about a week) taking mine off to put my built head on. Valve job was done about 4 years ago but have only put around 2000 miles since. You will need to bleed the lifters, or get new ones, because the car has been sitting for about 2 years. Compression test was 170 across all 4 cylinders last time I did it with a cometic 4 layer head gasket. Looking for around $230 for it.

Last edited:

strokin4dr

pm'd

johnnyRacer

Quoting johnnyRacer:
Iceman, I saw a wrecked 2g "Spydie" gst near me. I can check and see if the head is available. All we need now is to find "Firestar". Love those marvel super heroes... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

CHecked monday and this car was gone...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts