The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: 1997 Eclipse Syder AWD $5500.00 Shawano, WI

4wheelsqueal

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder All-Wheel Drive
Rare and fast! Never made by Mitsubishi! Rebuilt and converted to all-wheel drive using factory OEM parts. Have a small mountain of pictures detailing the entire build, dyno run and receipts for parts purchased for the build. Low miles on completely rebuilt engine!
Photos can be found here: click

Motor
-rebuilt 6-bolt block, bored .20 over, King bearings and rings
-1990 DSM big rods, 2g turbo pistons
-polished 6-bolt crank
-ARP rod studs and head bolts
-rebuilt 2g head, new valve stem seals, cam shaft seals (both valve stem and cam shaft seals are OEM Mitsubishi), reground valves, 3g lifters
-Mitsubishi MLS head gasket
-new Mitsubishi water pump
-all gaskets in and on the motor, all idlers, tensioners, balance shaft delete kit are OEM Mitsubishi (have receipt for parts from Mitsubishi)
-HKS timing belt (3,000 miles on belt)
-RC 550cc injectors
-FP exhaust manifold
-lightly ported 2g intake manifold
- brand new K & N 2g eclipse air filter
-Evolution III 16g turbo (no shaft play, low miles)
-stainless steel oil feed line from oil filter housing for turbo with inline oil filter
-black Turbosmart Manual boost controller
-hard upper intercooler pipe with uncrushed 1g DSM blow-off valve
-stock 2g cams
-Black-lid hall-effect 1g cam angle sensor
-all new accessory belts, fluids, NGK bpr7es spark plugs
-new starter
-new rear O2 sensor
-Brad Penn 10w30 motor oil
-factory side-mount intercooler

Body
-1997 Eclipse Spyder GS (was an auto, single-overhead cam, 2.4)
-complete 1997-99 AWD lower molding ( side and door skirts)
- Perfectly working top with new control top arm on drivers side (last OEM control top arm for Spyders in US!)
The cars exterior is painted with black primer, not black spray paint! Scuff and paint it whatever color you want.

Driveline
-1996 All-Wheel Drive transmission, 1996 All-Wheel Drive Transfer case (shifts perfect, no grinds at all)
-1997 rear end with factory Limited Slip Differential (non-abs)
-Royal purple 75w90 in transmission, Redline shockproof fluid in transfer case
-new front driver’s side hub
-B&M short-throw shifter (now discontinued)
-ACT 2100lb clutch disc, Exedy stage 1 pressure plate, new OEM Mitsubishi throw-out bearing
-new slave cylinder and clutch dampener (cylinder on transmission on 2g AWD’s, one of the last available from Mitsubishi!)
-all new front brakes, driver and passenger {2-piston front calipers, rotors, and pads}
-e-brake works but needs brackets to attach to rear trailing arms

Suspension
-KYB GR-2 struts and shocks, factory springs front and rear
-Ingalls camber correctors in front and rear
-new Energy Suspension Bushings in rear A arms
-new front sway bar end links

Interior
-black and tan interior: black dash, black convertible leather front seats, black rear speaker panels and seat belts ( very rare), black upper leather rear seat (very rare), tan lower panels and lower rear seat(will include tan upper rear seat), tan rear speaker covers (have only drivers side rear speaker cover in black, will include)
-black convertible top (has small tear, approx. one and a half inches, in rear of the top)
-black convertible top cover (rare)

Electronics
-full Infinity interior speakers
-SAFC Neo (new)
-1997 ECU (plastic cover, can burn tunes into the ECU with correct software)

The Bad (I believe in full disclosure. This description is to the best of my knowledge. No warrantee is expressed or implied.)
-small cut in top by rear window
-clutch pedal is sticky, doesn’t come up after shifting as fast as it should. Probably from sitting all winter and most of last summer while wiring was being changed.
-Has 2 smaller rust holes in the trunk. Easily fixable.
-cracked windshield
-Has all-wheel drive tan carpet (doesn’t fit quite right by the rear seat) and missing the interior panel that is by the fuse panel.
- Slight dent on passenger side between door and rear wheel. New trim clips for ground effects would completely cover dent.
-Currently shows an evap cel code, I am working to remedy it.

Price - $5,500.00 (will come with factory chrome rims)
Pulled the Spyder shell out of a salvage yard 6 years ago. Rebuilt completely last winter. Completely stripped the shell, removed every bolt in the car and applied anti-seize, POR 15’d (rust killer and sealer) the floors and trunk, inside and out. Converted to all-wheel drive with all OEM parts from a 1995 Talon TSI (brackets, bolts, hangers, gas tank, etc.) all welded into factory locations, has LSD rear end from a 1997 Eclipse GSX. Has GS-T Spyder interior wiring and engine wiring. All power options work except A/C (doesn’t have the compressor or condenser installed). Top works perfectly, transmission shifts very smooth no grinds at all. Motor has a little over 1,000 miles on the rebuild. Block was rebuilt by CJ Morrison of H.I.D tuning; head was rebuilt by Marty King of Mouse Motors. Dyno’d and tuned by Luke Stubbs at Beyond Redline in Green Bay, WI at 16.22 psi. Made 228.38 wheel horsepower and 231.44 wheel torque at the psi. (Have dyno paperwork to verify horsepower.) With a front mount intercooler and short-route piping, the car could be retuned and boost could easily be turned up, the motor is built to take more.
Reason for selling is that I don’t use the car, I drive a 2004 Evo and my wife drives a 1997 GSX and the Spyder just sits. Since fall of 2011, may have put 50 miles on the car. Have over $6,000 just in parts into the car before the labor and time. Clear title!! Not looking for trades. No joyrides. Serious inquires only please! Buy it before it’s parted out and sold in pieces! More pictures can be provided upon request.
DOES NOT COME WITH THE BLACK 5-SPOKE RIMS OR THE ENKIE RIMS IN THE PICTURES!!! Car will come with a set of factory chrome 5-spoke rims!!!

Phone number for contacting is: 715-851-2778
*I believe in full disclosure. This description is to the best of my knowledge. No warranty is expressed or implied.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned