The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wiring Harness

centurion882

Need help with replacing a wiring harness, do I need to remove heater fan?? Their is a bolt holding harness a fire wall I can not get to. Any one with info. on this would be greatly aperciated!!!!!! Thanks Dan 989 370 5624

Muskrat

Some say you don't HAVE to remove the lower. I found it much easier when I did.

centurion882

Muskrat,when you say removing the lower, what are you referring to?????? The blower motor???? Or do I have to remove everything; blower motor and heatexchanger???? Please respond with more input. Thanks Dan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

bustedsm

There shouldn't be any bolts holding the harness down, or at least that's my experience with removing the full wiring harness from my DSM. It's just a push type fastener that needs to be popped off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

centurion882

Brain , I have all the bolts off from blower but it will not move;is it sealed to heater core????? Thanks DAN

Muskrat

It's not sealed, persay, but it is a bitch to get out. I ended up loosening and/or removing (can't remember exactly) the A/C unit (next unit in the line. After that is the heater core, behind the center console). My car didn't have an A/C compressor, so I wasn't worried about venting/leaks from undoing the A/C line though.

Last edited:

moduleunknown

I just did this yesterday. There is a bolt holding the harness in place behind the blower.

I was unable to remove the blower without first removing the A/C unit next to it.

...one thing I might add (confused me for a minute), besides the A/C lines that need to be disconnected on the back of the unit, there's also a little plastic vent tube a few inches below them that runs out of the back of the unit through the firewall and dumps out under the subframe. That piece just pops off, but I didn't notice it at first and was a little confused as to why I couldn't pull the A/C unit out after unbolting everything (or so I thought). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned