The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why you should no longer run a walbro or supra fuel pump.

Overkill

Just responding to forum threads that interest me as I catch-up on things in the VR-4 world. If I'm not mistaken this is the very point of having a forum to share a common interest.

Overkill

I was searching for Galants with 19's to see how it would look and found that thread. 19's on a Galant VR-4 are definitely to big in my opinion, but I think we are getting this thread off in the weeds from the original subject. Feel free to PM me if you need anything else.

Boost4U

I run dual walbros, I'm interested in what exactly kills the pump when running E85? Never really dug into it that much. Also sort of on the same topic, if a pump is subject to failure at the hands of E85 what about the injectors?

Brianawd

I think I have been running e85 longer then any one on this board. 6 years now and still on the same 255hp. Same pump that was put in the car back in 2001.

OP
It sounds more like a wiring problem with your car that is causing the pumps to burn up.

Overkill

Brianawd

Have you had any issues with the black gunk on your injectors in that time span? What injector brand? Stock lines? thanks

misfitsnemesis

Brianawd is right i have seen 255Fp on E85 with no problem. This is ranging from duel setups and some tripple setup. Never seen E85 be the reason for a Fuel Pump going bad.
The residue you speak of ive seen pics but have not seen it in person on any of the evo,DSM,Nissans or supra's that i have seen and have pulled injectors from running E85 or E98.

vtecds1

I talked to Devin from Boostin Performance about the black gunk. He said that it came from the container that they used to transport E85. I guess it was used for other types of fuel also. This was about 3 months ago when we talked and I was "sorta" paying attention.

Last edited:

Overkill

See it all the time in Colorado in DSM vehicles. Not sure if its a bad refinery in the area or what, but I was curious if Brianawd had it in his Galant if that is the vehicle he runs it E85 in.

Last edited:

misfitsnemesis

Well if its from transporting and the container. then that's why I've never seen it. We buy E85 and E98 by the drums still sealed.
Hmm glad to know that though. I know some of you are asking why we don't use gas station pumps up here for E85.
Long story short we had two cars get it out of pumps and it was not E85.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned