The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's your MPG???

Yao

If it makes any difference, when my car was stock/new, the best I could do is 20 and driving like grandma, never pass 3K, Usually 18mpg. With E85, my best is 19mpg and driving the way I want or grandma style, didn't make a difference. Now I've switched to Ds-map, 24-26mpg no matter how I drive. So, with 15.5g tank I could go between 372 to 403. With currently price of $3.69/gal, it would cost me $57.20 to go that distance.

Brunoboy

altitude does effect the mileage as well correct? No matter how I drive and the tune, i get 17-18mpg.....i want 25+ aha.

Brunoboy

whats done to your car?

speedyd718

nothing. stock for the most part, previous owner did some maintenance (has a ported turbine housing and exhaust manifold, gutted cat, intake manifold and throttle body cleaned), and keydiver chip from FavNumber (set up for stock).

Last edited:

DR1665

Mine is stock, save an MBC set to 12lbs and a hacked airbox. I usually get 21-22mpg around town (mostly highway in moderate traffic). On the open road, I might get a couple more MPG, but speed limits here in Arizona are 75mph across open desert (which requires AC, imo) or up into the mountains, so just going the speed limit means I'm impeding the flow of traffic at about 4000rpm. :/

Evo III 5th gear would be nice. As would a bit more compression ratio. "SPAREZ" isn't getting any mods, though.

PreskitVR4

501 gets 23mpg hwy. The ONLY place i drive it is from my 5280ft elevation, to whatever PHX is. I have no acurate city milage, cuz my town barely has a stop light in it. I put 20 bucks worth of 91 in my car and it takes my daily commute two weeks to whittle it down to the gas light. Built motor, (JE-Eagle) 4G61 head, 20G, tuned on AEM with 720cc injectors. I think the flat black is costing me at least 1-2 mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Vr4junkie

I would get like 220 on a tank i would average about 18 only mod was drop in K&n air filter and the air box cut off 50/50 city/hwy normal driving and occasionally accelerate around the corners but nothing crazy if i could avg 25mpg i would be more than happy

Vr4junkie

Quoting PreskitVR4:
501 gets 23mpg hwy. The ONLY place i drive it is from my 5280ft elevation, to whatever PHX is. I have no acurate city milage, cuz my town barely has a stop light in it. I put 20 bucks worth of 91 in my car and it takes my daily commute two weeks to whittle it down to the gas light. Built motor, (JE-Eagle) 4G61 head, 20G, tuned on AEM with 720cc injectors. I think the flat black is costing me at least 1-2 mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Hey you have a Flat Black VR4 any pics of it I always wondered how it would look

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned