The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What you would like made in Carbon Fiber

curtis

Don't laugh the us market has carbon fiber driveshafts on cars from detroit.

Hey I'll send you a pm.

2of9

Quoting RedTwo:
Carbon Fiber drive shafts like you get in Gran Turismo? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

dude, it works. when i had those in ANY awd car, my car pretty much ownd. like i said, the lighter the faster! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GIjoe

Quoting 381gvr4:
Ive been saying hvac plastic for jdm auto climate control....... From rhd to lhd.

awesome idea!

Quoting 381gvr4:
Ive been saying hvac plastic for jdm auto climate control....... From rhd to lhd.

Not possible. Grab a pic of the jdm climate control and compare it with the shape of your dashboard.... If you change the hvac plastic, it doesn't fit anymore. I've been there.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

slobra

Carbon fiber or not, I'd like to see a place for 2 60mm gauges like where the dash pod would go or maybe in the vents. Other then that I can't think of anything that I would buy strictly carbon fiber.

How bout a nice, suttle, CF lip kit? Something pretty much bolt on for our cars. Door switch panels would be nice to if one was doing the CF thing with the interior. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

BoostedAWD91

i would like some sort of gauge pod idea, i like the idea pictured but it would be very hard to have it perfectly molded into the dash to where it looks right as curtis pointed out to me. Curtis ill get back to you soon about what u proposed and we'll work something out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Hopefully he is willing to make a few products with no down payment, because I don't think we're too open to CF group buys here anymore.

Widebody Front Fenders, Front Doors and Rear Door Skins - Race grade not for bling

Quote:
Widebody Front Fenders, Front Doors and Rear Door Skins - Race grade not for bling

This is something I'm working on but not in CF. It is a delicate balance as it can't be too wide to skew the lines of the car. This will allow guys running wide wheels to not chew up their tires because you have to camber it to get it to tuck under the oem fneder.

Nothing to show for it yet but it's in the works /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting boostdtalon:
Quoting fivestardsm:
EHhh, something like this?

ok maybe i wasn't around for that or whatever. Where did that come from, i like that!

Id put down for this ive been looking for one for a while...

Whoodoo

I've been dreaming of making my own hood in CF. I love the look of the evo3 hood with the big ol' hump in the middle. But like others have said, the board has had bad times with carbon parts so if you're serious it might take a little more risk for you up front. But, on the other hand, if you make good products for a good price and actually deliver, you might find you get a lot of business.

throughfaith323

i think it might be nice to have a pod on the passenger's side indent on the dash to match the speaker pod that AEROWORKS makes.could fit a lot of gauges but might be a little weird spot for feeding the wires tho :/. also could get pricey.

i've also been thinking of attempting , like fivestartdsm, to make a dual pod where the clock is above the dash plaque. it would take about same amount of time and material as the dual speaker pod so prob about same amount of money.

curtis

^ My two cents

A CF COP is cool but the amount of resin and material needed to hold the coils in place and the force of the rubber boots pushing up would me the plate would need to be 6 or 8 layers think. CF is best used for thin bling or structural parts unless the person wants to py for the thick piece. Now the COP would have to be made with the holes in it. I've tried to mill CF and it cuts like toilet paper and looks like crap. Steve hyundai the admin that use to have a VR4 got the one and only one I ever cut. I bonded it to aluminum and cut the logo and was a real pain.

As for group buy I've done more than most around here a few small stuff like the gauge panels I make and stuff like that I build and just sell when they sell but the subframe connectors, seat brackets and others I build going on blind faith. I don't like to get paid first because it puts extra stress on me while I'm building them. But when you tell someone you'll buy it have the money and set it aside and forget about it. This stuff is like anything else it costs for materials and supplies plus wear and tear on shop supplies and tools. The builder always has to buy up front and its really a kick in the nuts when you spend money to buy supplies and then the buyers backout. So if you want something made don't embarrass yourself or our VR4 brothers who go through the effort to get an outside supplier.

tsiboy

custom front mudflaps that work with the vr4 sideskirts and oem style rear mudflaps please.

KT

Sunroof delete panel

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned