The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What type of paint for IC

Dialcaliper

If you really want to do it the best way possible, get a professional anodizing shop to black anodize it both outside and inside. Otherwise, flat black radiator paint is the way to go if you don't want to leave it bare.

Do you know how much anodizing cost? I really dont feel the need to pay too much toward the jdm intercooler, its used, in good shape but dont feel its worth going through that process unless the price is reasonable. I'm thinking now, that just any flat black spray paint will work, I'll just spray a thin coat over it. I dont think it will effect anything and if it does, it will be very little that I won't even notice it.

Don't overthink it. Spray paint it with a mist of black paint. NOT PRIMER.Primer absorbs water and will screw up the aluminum over time. Anodizing is expensive and like they are not going to do one piece but at least 20 + pieces at a time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned