The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What no BISS?

Rausch

Probably find one in a suitable size from McMaster Carr....among other things needed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Here's a pic for you Paul:

The overall length is about 1.5" and the ends are 1/4" NPT. If you want it jut let me know and if you want a pair of barbed ends to screw onto it I can get them for you too. I just need to know what size hose you are planning on using for a bleed. Also, the nut just under the handle can be tightened to prevent the valve from coming out of adjustment.

John

toybreaker

iconoclast
I was thinking about this problem today.

I just took on a multiple carb v8 street rod project, and amongst the conundrums is getting the four dueces to work with a/c.

After some consideration of the options, I've decided to use a throttle kicker, (solenoid) tied into the a/c clutch.

Anytime the a/c clutch is energised, the primary throttle linkage will get kicked open a schosche by the solenoid, (opening the throttle plates on all four dueces) to compensate for the additional load.

Something like this may work for your application as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

background
They used these kickers back in the day to prevent dieseling high compression carburated motors at shutdown.

They were energised at key on, to open the throttle plates to the base idle setting.

They were then de-energised when the key was turned off, allowing the return spring to fully close the throttle plates when the motor was shutdown.

Without them, the motor would cough, sputter, diesel and run on, (especially the high compression varieties). I guess it was a combination of high compression and hot spots/carbon that provided the ignition source, (for the motor to run on without the ignition system providing any spark,) but, either way, closing the throttle plates all the way at shutdown allieviated the problem.

Just another option... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned