The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this sensor for???

Does anyone know what if anything this sensor is for? Its the one directly below the upper radiator hose and on the front of the tstat housing it has two small plastic barbs on it its next to the gauge sensor and above the cooling fan sensor. I think when I got the car it was like that and I never bothered connecting it just wondering thanks. Tried uploading a photo but I keep getting this open image called crap error message is there an issue with uploading pics to the website or is it me?

Last edited by a moderator:

broxma

I know the sensor you are talking about. It has two vacuum lines running to it normally but I am not sure exactly what they do. It is safe to remove and likewise ignore.

/brox

ok thanks bro just wanted to make sure it was ok to eliminate

GVR4_1057

I think it modifies the fuel pressure according to coolant temp.

toybreaker

iconoclast
I *believe* you are asking about the thermo~vaccuum valve.

It's role in life is to control the vaccuum supply out to the evap and egr systems.

When the engine is cold, purging the evap system or adding egr flow would cause driveability problems.

This valve remains closed until the engine is warm, blocking vaccumm to these systems.

When the engine is warm, the valve opens, allowing the systems to operate normally.

wish I could post the damn pics still getting that open_image called error message anyways that three separate answers that I got which is it?

fivestardsm

Try to Convert your picture from a bitmap to a jpeg and you will beable to upload your pictures

Last edited:

Its already a jpeg image that particular picture is just a tad too big so it wont oh well load.....

ha ha resized and uploaded success at last lol
and a better pic from fastjetta

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned