The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what does this thermostat sensor in this picture exactly do?

onesickcrx

Sensor #4 I ordered every sensor brand new since I am installing it in my new thermostat housing the only old one is #4 since its discontinued... I broke it soon as it got snug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I need to figure out what its exact job is because I may not need it I hope...

img.php

brisvr4

That's the emergency sensor (not the correct name)
It will turn on both fans on full if you start to overheat. I hooked the wire for mine into a power/economy switch so I cna flick the fans on manually if I need to. If you earth it you will see what I mean.

onesickcrx

Quoting brisvr4:
That's the emergency sensor (not the correct name)
It will turn on both fans on full if you start to overheat. I hooked the wire for mine into a power/economy switch so I cna flick the fans on manually if I need to. If you earth it you will see what I mean.

So its just a safety switch to turn on all the fans incase of a overheating problem. Not something I need but wouldn't hurt to have a switch hooked up to activated all the fans manually is what your saying... correct?

toybreaker

iconoclast
It will also signal the hvac controller to cut the power to the a/c clutch, effectively disabling the a/c system for the duration that the blue/black wire "sees" ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned