The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What I will be doing next week.

Terry Posten

OK, got the injectors back from Cruzin Performance. Car runs good in the garage but it is raining out right now. So the test drive will need to wait a little bit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to replace the upper timing cover so I took the opportunity to repaint the cover, mani, fuel rail and took Josh's suggestion and rerouted the throttle cable under the intake. I used the longer of the two brackets that was on the fuel rail and bent it a bit and relocated it to the front timing cover. This will keep it up and stable so that it will reduce the vibration damage that can occur if left to dangle.

I really need to redo the battery tray. It looks bad.

Well, here are the latest pics. What do you gents think?

As a reference, here is what it looked like before.

cheekychimp

Terry,

It's really close and the work really really does show. The battery tray is an easy fix, but should be done as you have stated to bring everything else up to the very high standards you have set with the rest of the engine bay.

Two things I would say if you want that engine bay to gleam as well as be practical, either get the exhaust manifold heat shield back on (or ceramic coat the header) and change those plug wires.

I read what you said about those plug wires being significant Terry but they just don't work aesthetically in there. I understand the philosophy of not changing something that isn't broken, but at the same time your current battery tray works ... it just doesn't look as good as it could. We are talking about looks here. Get some plain black wires in there, get that heat shield on and you will have one of the cleanest engine bays on the forum.

I'm jealous, well done. The hard work and tribulations of the last 12-18 months have paid off. Go out and enjoy driving her!!!

Terry Posten

Just reminiscing of the summer projects on 425/1000.

Here is the battery tray/piping fix project.

web page

I also did a new Whiteline front swaybar a month ago and now have a rear Whiteline bar to be installed next spring along with Whiteline and Custo strut bars to refinish and install.

I will be in the market for some front AGX struts (or similar) early next year as well because now my focus is on upgrading the suspension.

Terry Posten

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Scirocco radiator has an overflow nipple on it?
I couldn't see it in the photos. Where is it?

The overflow nipple that is part of the radiator is on the passenger side end tank and the very top. I capped it and am using the nipple on the t-stat neck.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Terry Posten:
click

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I tried to click your link, and i got this:

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

It was a short clip of the original Frankenstin movie when he awoke for the first time and the Doc was yelling "it's alive".

No biggie.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Well, per this thread, i was inspired and bought a $60 scirocco radiator. It just showed up today. Now i see what you meant about the nipple on the rad. It's a curious thing, really.

Now i'm thinking i'll have to buy a fan setup.. i dont want to do the thru-rad mounts. Also, i need to go back thru this thread and see what you used to replace the factory fan switch.. the hole in this thing is HUGE.

Terry Posten

Just go to Autozone and get a stock Scirocco VW fan switch. It wires the same way. Super easy. I think it was less than $15.00

mitsuturbo

I saw the P/N for the rad hose.. that will probably help a bit.
Good to know, about the fan switch. I'll do that as well.

What size fans are those? I see the small one is a SPAL.. what about the large one?

Anybody have experience with these cheapo fans that seem to be ALL OVER ebay?

Terry Posten

The large one is a 10" el-cheapo ebay. Only pulls 4 amps cont. with an in-rush of 7amps.

The smaller one is a Spal (8" I think) that I had laying around.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned