The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What I will be doing next week.

Terry Posten

Still have to get my new clutch slave from Auto-zone. It did not come in today. I have quite a few little things to clean up and then I can put the front bumper back on and all of the lights and inner fender shields.

I will call the insurance co. tomorrow and get it off of "storage". Maybe by the end of the weekend I will have it off the stands and rolling under her own power.

I only made one mistake. When I redid the wiring harness for the t-stat housing, I made the two temp sensor wires the same length and had them reversed but that was a quick swap and all is running smooth.

I love how quickly 4G63s start up after a major job like this. I don't think the motor made one full rev before she roared to life.

I will sleep like a baby tonight. (after a cold shower - man I stink)

IncorpoRatedX

air box looks great and the scirroco is a nice addition to any galant. unless you have reason not to, i suggest moving your oil cooler about 10 inches up from where it is, gets it out of the line of the FMIC and puts it directly behind the opening for the grill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Terry Posten

Thanks Josh. I would love to move the cooler but the lines are not long enough and they are very pricey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

I have more wire dressing to do and reassemble the front end and then I will snap more pictures...

I will post up the radiator hose part number from Autozone for those of you who want to do this radiator mod (as soon as I did the receipt out of the trash). The lower hose fits but the upper was too short.

I may have missed this but did you ditch A/C completely for the Scirocco or did you have it gone before?

Terry Posten

I ditched a perfectly good working AC for this job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Just got back in from the garage. The car is completely ready to go except for mounting and bleeding the clutch slave. I have the parts just have to go get the vacu-bleeder from a friend tomorrow.

I will snap a few pictures tomorrow. I an really happy with the rad and overflow bottle fitment/placement and how everything looks with all the inner wheel well liners in place. But the engine bay still looks cluttered because of the large battery (at least in my opinion).

BoostedAWD91

what kind of spray paint did u use on the engine bay? Did u order the summit white stuff from online or just get some white paint from the store?

Terry Posten

Just gloss white Rustoleum spray for the bay.

I have it driving under its own power but looks like #3 injector is not firing. The injector meters out good so I don't think it is that. I will test the wiring from injector to ECU tonight when it cools down. I hope it is something simple.

Terry Posten

Bad/dirty injector. Swapped it to #1 and now #1 does not fire and #3 is running good.

Already boxed and will be dropped off at USPS for Priority shipping to Cruzin Performance.

Terry Posten

I still have a bunch of little things to do but for now, I need to build up my "car" fund a little bit before I tackle a new battery tray (and lower it now the AC is gone), and work on re-coating the IC pipes. Then I can get a strut brace. They are perfect winter projects.

As I said before, The lower radiator hose fit but I had to find a new upper. The one I picked was Auto-Zone PN #022080 or Dayco D70806. It was just under $10.00. I did have to cut about 3" off of 1 end but other that that, was a direct install.

Here are a few pics of the radiator finished and over fill bottle. Again, I still have quite a little bit more tinkering with pipes, battery tray/placement but for now, I just want to drive it for a while and enjoy it.

mpt72

Wow, I'm very impressed! Good job on the entire engine bay! Now I look at mine and feel a bit embarrased! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Quoting Terry Posten:
I don't want the yellow under the hood.

Are you getting rid of the spark plug wires too?

Terry Posten

Those wires was one of the first mods I did. The ONLY non-stock thing done to the car when I got it from the repo bank was the PO had shoved 45 degree angled plug wires (like you find on a Chevy) down the plug tubes. Took me 15 minutes to pry them out.

I may replace them sometime but as long as they work, they signify the beginning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

turbowop

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting Terry Posten:
I don't want the yellow under the hood.

Are you getting rid of the spark plug wires too?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I was about to post the same thing.

Car looks great, Terry. Now you're gonna have a garage queen like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Boostdtalon

Quote:
^Is anybody making heat shields for FP stuff yet?

I thought you could use a stock heatshield with the FP manifolds?

IncorpoRatedX

route throttle cable UNDER intake manifold, make bracket or use zip ties to keep it up out of the way. Cleans things up a lot.

Myles

Quoting crankwalk:
^Is anybody making heat shields for FP stuff yet?

I thought JMF made them but them were a PITA to mount.

Last edited:

Terry Posten

I always wanted a heat shield and now with more room to work with after the radiator move, I may look harder into that.

Will the "under" route for the throttle cable cause resistance on it? I did not know we could do that without causing the cable to bind. I will look into that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned