The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What sensor is this?

Hondakiller

I broke a sensor on top of the thermostat housing. I went to the part store thanking it was the cooling fan sensor but the one they had was different.
sensor: orange arrow
plug for the sensor: red

JSchleim18

A/C switch for the top sensor on the T-stat housing. Turns a/c fan on IIRC.

Adorsey

I believe it is an a/c temp sensor for the fan or something

**ARGH you beat me ahahaa

Last edited:

Hondakiller

yes I was just looking in the book and that what it is. Now since I dont have the a/c in the car do I still need for the cooling fan to work? Cause as of now my cooling fan is not work.

14u2nV

Your fan isn't working now because that switch is broke. If you don't have ac, you don't need it.

Hondakiller

No my cooling fan for the radiator is not working. With the coolant temperature switch for the a/c being broke. Will the radiator fan stop work as well. Are they tied together?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned