The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What are friends for?

prove_it

Quoting chromeglock:
i'VE left tools in engine bays before and had them come back to me, but never anything that would destroy an engine... Flat rate or not, I've quit shops for asking me to be dishonest. Like momma always said, honesty is the best policy...

Good for you! I worked at a used car dealer and I had to do some shady things. It payed good and it gave me my own shop to work in. After two years I couldn't take the dishonesty anymore and left. Glad to know there are others out there.

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting Dbossman:
Not obselete, just not up to speed. In my experiances only. Strictly opinion.

I understand, but why would the auto repair business be any different than all the others? What to computer software guys do when they are no longer able to stay "up to speed"? Surely if guys don't stay up to speed and leave a business when they get "old" they must go work somewhere else and changing careers certainly requires you to learn more than just keeping up with the one you're in.

John

Very true. It's the ones that think because of there age, there knowledge surpass's some "young buck" who just got out of tech school for four years because of his age. One of those ol' school mech.'s that may be a genius at some original American muscle, but lost under one of the hoods of our technologically advanced japenese auto's.
It's the ones who tell you they know what there doing and have no clue really. Then the owner generally has to pay for someone else's lack of honesty and f*ck up's. Once again, opinions are like *sshole's. Thats just mine.

Mark LaVallee

Don't get me started about working in a dealership. You think Mitsubishi dealers are Satan? NOT compared to Harley-Davidson. EVERY owner is convinced he can get a trained chimpanzee seven bucks an hour and "A chance to fix the LEGEND" Like I give a f*ck about a coal burning air cooled 100 MPH DINOSAUR when I rode a Hayabusa to work. Don't tell me I might not be able to understand their fuel injection, when I've been dealing with it since 1982 on a Kawasaki.

EVERY dealership that I've been in or wrenched at has had ONE GUY who goes to all the schools and gets a decent paycheck. Shelton Mitsu was the EXCEPTION. We all went to school. (We all knew how to get to Atlantic City too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) Two years at Harley, all I learned is how to live on table scraps.

Besides, all this nut and bolt sh*t is simple when you started on FB-111s Thanks USAF.

By the way, I'm over 50. I fix kids' F ups.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned