The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What are cheap easy mods I can do on my stock car

My car is all stock my plans are K&N filter and plan on doing an exhaust cut out,and upgrading my inter cooler.....is there any other little things I can do like Ecu,Maf Etc upgrade I go to the junk yard alot

alansupra94

If its all stock I would look into doing more basic maintance first before upgrading.

yeti

Yes definately do everything you can think of maintance wise.
Do your timing belt because you Can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But understand what supporting mods you will need first
Before adding power

2of9

^^^ agreed. Do maintenance then start modding. Timing belt, water pump, oil pump, etc. Start modding after that. After maintenance, for simple upgrades, i'd say get a ported 2g manifold, o2 housing, exhaust system, evo injectors are getting pretty cheap. Big 16g upgrade if you want. As for the ECU, get the reflash from Keydiver. that should do it.

AnotherNewb

My favorite free mod is removing the restrictor from the factory boost controller. But maintenance is most important.

Lonewolf64

Quoting 2of9:
^^^ agreed. Do maintenance then start modding. Timing belt, water pump, oil pump, etc. Start modding after that. After maintenance, for simple upgrades, i'd say get a ported 2g manifold, o2 housing, exhaust system, evo injectors are getting pretty cheap. Big 16g upgrade if you want. As for the ECU, get the reflash from Keydiver. that should do it.

Keydiver chips are NLA except to already existing customers.

My favorite free mod is removing the restrictor from the factory boost controller. But maintenance is most important.

Well I have most of the maintenance stuff done timing belt and water pump etc have been changed .......how would I remove the restrictor
From the boost controller???

AnotherNewb

Check vfaq on removing the restrictor. But to simply sum it up there is a small plastic piece that is in one nipple on the boost solinoid that you can remove. I have screwed a small screw into it and gently pulled it out, but be carefull if you break the nipple you'll be posting a wtb thread very soon. This mod is good for a couple more lbs of boost. I think I get 12psi after removal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned