The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Water leak on passenger side

Water is leaking on the passenger side of the car. The water drops are landing at the blower motor screw which is closest to the firewall. I checked the windshield area for leaves but didn't find too much. I also found some things to check during my search of this site. The car is a non-sunroof car, so I can eliminate that as a possibility. The carpet is out of the car right now, so I would prefer to wrap this up before I get it back in. Had the carpet not been out, I probably would never have noticed the leak. The A/C has not been used when it was leaking, so that can be eliminated as well.

Any ideas on what could be causing this leak?

Thanks

No, I am not. If the A/C drain was plugged and I am not using the A/C, could this still be the cause?

Mark LaVallee

If the box was full of water. But you'd know. The sloshing would be terrible.

Also, check around the windshield. (where my Eclipse leaks) and where the wiring harness for the passenger front door enters the car.

Last edited:

I just acquired the car about 2 months ago if that. I'll pay more attention for sloshing sounds. The car is pretty loud due to drivetrain modifications etc., so it is possible that the sound could be drowned out.

I'll try out the areas that you mentioned.

Thanks

Water pump leaking slowly and then dripping down the oil pan and ending up over there OR turbo coolant line on the head missing a crush washer or stripped would be my next guess.

Quoting crankwalk:
Water pump leaking slowly and then dripping down the oil pan and ending up over there OR turbo coolant line on the head missing a crush washer or stripped would be my next guess.

LOL nevermind I thought it was dripping on the ground by the firewall under the car.

Quoting crankwalk:

I think it was from working on it when it was raining. It was in a carport, but some water got into the engine bay. I have been rolling with no interior for days and we have had heavy rains. I have not encountered a drop of water in there since. I hope this keeps up!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned