The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

vacuum lines! problem or normal?

seizer

Well today i went to go take the MAS off to clean the air filter and organize plus check out the vacuume lines and stereo wire when i came across something i consider odd! While checking the vacuume lines i followed these lines under the intake mani. (in pic 1) and noticed they were connected and snug, but to the right of these lines i noticed two nipples with no lines to them by just feeling it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I could not visualy see them so i snapped a pic with the flash on and got this image (pic 2) What lines go to these? Is this normal? Please can one of you members help me with my lack of knowledge...
Thanks,
Eric

Last edited:

OMFGeofffff

That's normal. I believe those were used for more emissions stuff on cali cars? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That solenoid you're holding is for the fuel pressure regulator. I can't remember off the top of my head what it exactly does. I have my lines disconnected from the solenoid and I took the lines off from under the intake manifold. The otherside has lines that run up to the fpr and a port on the front of the intake manifold. I just put a line directly from the manifold to the fpr. It's been fine so far. The check engine light might come on though.

seizer

Thank you jeff it seems your info provided relates to what I am explaining that was helpful I was not to worried just needed some clarification. Thanks again!

Yes, evidently someone has bypassed your FPR solenoid, which may or may not be a bad idea. Some cars have real driveability issues without it. It helps by raising the fuel pressure for 2-3 miuntes during hot starts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned