The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

turbo issues

Sweet you have a Belize White car!

Anywho, I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Whats on your trans looks like the average grease/grime that's on most cars that drive on public roads. If it really ruffles your feathers then just use a degreaser to clean it off then if it comes back in a timely manner then worry more.

no its more than regular dirt and grime sorry about bad pics. first off the vant on left side if valve cover had a foor long hose coming off it leading to no where so i cut it down and sealed it i\up and put rtv all around valve cover but still got oil leak from oil pan but dont know where else oil is coming from its still leaking from turbo inline so what d i do

1990ggsxnj

Vent definitely could have contributed to the oil everywhere. I would still degrease everything to make sure other leaks beside the oil pan leak are visible.

Last edited:

what would u recomend i use to clean it all off cause a couplke of cans of engine clean isnt cheap

Quoting agent23:
no its more than regular dirt and grime sorry about bad pics. first off the vant on left side if valve cover had a foor long hose coming off it leading to no where so i cut it down and sealed it i\up and put rtv all around valve cover but still got oil leak from oil pan but dont know where else oil is coming from its still leaking from turbo inline so what d i do

Wait, did you say you sealed up your breather hose port on your valve cover? You don't plug it up, that port is to relief high crankcase pressure. Get a breather filter or a catch can or something.

1990ggsxnj

Wow I totally missed that. That's not the way it was designed. Now once the turbo starts pressurizing the intake there's no vacuum relief from the compressors intake or from a breather. Unplug that hole.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned