The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbine discharge to O2 housing question

Dark_Horse

If my O2 housing inlet is ported bigger than the 2G gasket, do I need to port the gasket? I've never heard of anyone porting a gasket, so I wasn't sure if that was a common practice...Or is the turbine discharge gasket even needed?

This is the 1st time that I've run a car that didn't have a v-band turbine discharge I'm not sure what to do.

Thx

dmj

Get a EVO 3 o2 housing gasket . Your o2 housing is probably port matched to a Evo 3 gasket.

Last edited:

Dark_Horse

It's not port matched to any gasket. It was hogged out as big as it could go. I'm just curious whether porting gaskets works? Or should I run without a gasket? Or can I make a gasket that will work?

Last edited:

dmj

If the inlet is ported larger than an evo 3 gasket time to start over. pick up a used 2G o2 housing and port match to a evo 3 gasket. Run without and gasket you will have a leak. I believe Napa carries exhaust grade gasket material if you want to make your own gasket.

Last edited:

so long as the turbine and o2 housing are both flat and clean as long as you have a free flowing exhaust post turbo should be very low pressure and you can get away with no gasket or like dmj said pick up some copper super high temp gasket maker and bolt it back together!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned