The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trunk cage for our cars?

Boostdtalon

I've never seen anything posted like this and search came up with nothing. Is there one for our cars? I know these made a noticeable difference in Evos. I'm pretty sure these could be made using the rear bumper support holes.

Link to Evo trunk cage.

boostedinaz

All the work into a custom system for that EVO and they left the side panels the stock material. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I don't know of a company that made an easy bolt in one for GVR4s but anything can be custom made. How beneficial it will be, I don't know.

The install looked pretty simple really. Not suprised the side panels weren't even wrapped in matching material. That looks pretty easy to fabricate though. Especially if you bought the strut tower brace. You could get a couple of plates cut out on a plasma table and some DOM or even HREW tube and its done.

Boostdtalon

Yeah that wasn't a great example of the cage. Works make a trunk cage for the evos that is pretty sick. I'm tempted to see if I could make one.

curtis

To do it properly you'd have to cut out a strut top of thicker material to sandwich in or weld on then weld on to that with rear bars bars going up to the c pillars and going back to the bumper supports. I've had plans to do one for mine but the trunk floor is getting cut out first for the safe and an aluminum structure to hold it and the meth tank. These are best done to incorporate with a cage and to add support and rigidity for rear suspension points the link for 400 looks like it would protect a battery or a speaker box in a crash but not alot more after that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned