The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Please teach me about the BoostX lip

Racah15

Hello,
So I've seen a pretty sweet lip on some cars and I've kind of wanted to do something similar. I came across the name Boostx searching for this lip, but I can't find any info besides a user name on the forum. It's likely related, but I do not know if this is like Curtis brackets for evo seats. Only one run was made and never again, or this has a possibility of coming up again.

Any other possible lip ideas? Personally I do not like the Homedepot option, and I might be tempted to just make my own if these are no longer available.

James

Search for the sale thread. BoostX is a active member here and sells a few different things.

jnava

Staff member
I think many people have been waiting for Curtis to do some of his magic but from what I understand, it's on a hiatus. Your best bet is to place an ad in the WTB section. Someone might have one set laying around.

GSX_TC

The boostX lip is obviously from the user BoostX man Lol, anyways they are normally $210 shipped and you would have to check with him to make sure he has enough orders to make a run of them. They are a 2-piece design and need to be fused together during install and are made out of fiberglass. Your welcome click

veganbutcher

Looks like a quick cheap and easy mod, however I can't find the part he's using. Does anyone have a part number or link to where I can buy one?

curtis

Just sent John and email....Getting ready to go out the door or I would have just called him. Sure he will respond soon. As for seat brackets been wanting to do them but shop is a hot mess, mill needs maintenance and I have projects to get to first as well as my home projects. I use to run 16 to 18 hrs a day 7 days a week but was killing my back and now have a daughter that is a competing gymnast so have cut work hrs back and spend about half the weekends a year at a gymnastics meet somewhere in two states other weekends are now home projects since its warming up and its the off season. Only gymnastics coming up is camp ran by some past Olympic gymnasts this summer and I have to get her uneven bars put up in the backyard, yes I'm that dad and the beam is already back there. Projects are getting finished and stuff seems like its finally leaving but picture below has been the most important thing going on the last year and a half. Not sure of the medal count now....somewhere over 60 which my daughter actually cares zero about. All she has wanted was a state championship banner in the gym with her name on it to prove she belongs and she now has it so she just does it to do it. Hopefully in the next few months I'll be to seat bracket mode....we'll see

boostx

Showoff

boostx

I can still get the lip made I just need a minimum of two before I can place the order

4Grim

BoostX lip is great quality and takes very little to fit it nicely. Its made out of fiberglass..but very flexible.

John is a good guy...you can trust him.

mitsuturbo

I think they offset the front of the car in such a way as to look out of place. I've seen some cars with and without them, and personally think they look much better WITHOUT.

curtis

Quoting Boostx:
Showoff

Its my job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boostx

Quoting Racah15:
Hello,
I came across the name Boostx searching for this lip, but I can't find any info besides a user name on the forum.

CLICK ME

CLICK ME 2

CLICK ME 3

Last edited:

boostx

pics = turbowop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Racah15

Sorry guys, me and the search function had a bad experience and she's not co-operating with me anymore. So all of my GVR4 searches are done with google now haha.

BoostX: Awesome. Count me in. When would you need the money?

boostx

We have one so far who else ?

2000GTX

Quoting Boostx:

pics = turbowop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Holy sh*t who has those wheels on the second page for sale?

Give them to me now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I am for sure, been trying to find out this same info for ages .massive thanks.
will u post to Australia? what will it cost?
thanks buddy uve just made my year!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned